Help people in need. Seek forgiveness for your sins. Make Jesus Christ the center of your life and ask him to help you do his will each day. When you pray, believe in your heart that God has heard your prayer and pray that God’s will be done, not yours.
What does it mean to let Jesus into your heart?
Accepting Jesus into your heart is simply accepting his way of living, loving, and leading our lives. … And so when we talk about accepting Jesus, that means that we are being saved from being trapped in sin, which results in eternal punishment. And it’s that faith in Jesus that saves us by his grace.
How do I let God into my life?
Following God’s Plan for Your Life:
- Be in prayer. A way to know that you are following God’s plan for your life is by being in prayer. …
- Be actively reading in the Word. …
- Follow the commands He puts on your heart. …
- Seek a godly community. …
- Obey the Truth.
What does the Bible say about giving your heart to God?
“Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” … When you give your heart to God, you become satisfied in all that He provides, in all the prayers He answers, and in all the ways He doesn’t give you what you ask for, but blesses you with something even better when the time is right.
How do you pray the salvation prayer?
Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. Please come into my heart as my Lord and Savior. Take complete control of my life and help me to walk in Your footsteps daily by the power of the Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for saving me and for answering my prayer.
How do I give control to God?
HOW DO WE GIVE GOD CONTROL?
- TALK TO HIM. God wants to spend time with you. Spend time talking to Him. …
- READ THE BIBLE. When you read scripture, you get to know God. It only makes sense that the more you know someone, the more you learn their character. …
- LISTEN TO HIM. The Lord speaks to us. …
- THANK HIM. The Lord is so good.
How do you know God is speaking to you?
Sign God Is Speaking To You — His Word
Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us. A sign that God is speaking to you is when the same type of verses or theme keeps coming up.
How do I surrender everything to God?
Surrendering To God Through Prayer
- It’s the first step when it comes to how to surrender to God and let go.
- Changes our perspective.
- Shifts our focus to our Creator.
- Is a direct line to God.
- Places our plans before Him as we seek direction.
- It reminds us to rely on Him.
- It allows us to seek His will.
How do you open your heart to the Holy Spirit?
Light candles, burn incense, throw rose petals, read Scriptures. Sing Holy Spirit songs, give one another words of encouragement, or verses of the Bible you feel moved to speak to them.
How can I train my heart to love God?
I find my love for God growing as I do the following:
- Think about Him. The more I think about Him, the more I fall in love with Him. …
- Tell Him I love Him. When I tell God I love him, I find the words are very true. …
- Spend time in His presence. …
- Choose to do everything out of love for Him.
Can you pray for the dead to go to heaven?
Do Christians think praying can help a dead person get into heaven? Not exactly. All Christians believe that only God can determine whether a person belongs in heaven or in hell. Entreaties on behalf of the deceased can’t sway God from what’s right, but post-mortem praying does have other uses.
What do you say when accepting Jesus?
Learn about Jesus and believe that He died, rose from the dead as your Savior and then pray and repent to the one, true God saying: “I am sorry for my sin, all my wrong doing; I want to change, and I truly thank you for everything and that I am now forgiven and saved from the penalty for my sins as a free gift, in …
What do you have to do to be saved by Jesus?
Following the Bible. Accept Jesus as the Son of God. According to the Bible, all Christians who recognize Jesus as the Son of God are able to be saved. If you truly believe that God and Jesus are one entity, created the universe and everything in it, and are kind and forgiving, you are considered a Christian.