And you sent your son, Jesus, to proclaim good news and freedom. God, we ask you to be with all those who are incarcerated today, for those living out sentences, and those awaiting trial or bail. Let your spirit of peace and comfort be upon them.
What God says about prisoners?
Hebrews 13:3—Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
How do you comfort a prisoner?
By writing encouraging letters to inmates, you can:
- Lift their spirits.
- Help them find faith.
- Give them hope.
- Make them feel less lonely.
- Help them survive.
- Give them something to look forward to.
- Let them know that they’re still loved.
- Make them try harder to be rehabilitated.
How do you pray for someone’s recovery?
To Heal A Friend
Think, O’ God, of our friend who is ill, whom we now commend to Your compassionate regard. that no healing is too hard if it be Your will. We therefore pray that You bless our friend with Your loving care, renew his/her strength, and heal what ails him/her in Your loving name.
How do you show someone you love in jail?
Writing Love Letters to Prison Inmates—What To Say?
- Talk about your daily life.
- Ask questions about their day.
- Say how much you miss them.
- Discuss a book, movie, or a TV show.
- Motivate them to exercise and eat healthily.
- Encourage them to keep going and be patient.
- Include inspirational quotes or write from the heart.
What does jail do to a person?
Prison changes people by altering their spatial, temporal, and bodily dimensions; weakening their emotional life; and undermining their identity.
Who in the Bible was put in jail?
According to the Acts of the Apostles, St. Paul and Silas were in Philippi (a former city in present-day Greece), where they were arrested, flogged, and imprisoned for causing a public nuisance. The song relates what happened next, as recorded in Acts 16:25-31: 25.
Can you have a Bible in jail?
barring all books, magazines and newspapers – except for the Bible – from being sent to prisoners is unconstitutional. … The ACLU lawsuit charges that since 2008, copies of Prison Legal News and books sent to prisoners at the detention center have been returned to sender, or simply discarded.
Who in the Bible was a criminal?
Twenty-Five Case Studies of Biblical Crimes and Outlaws
Jones includes such infamous evildoers as Cain, Jezebel, and the highwaymen who robbed the Good Samaritan, yet he also brings in such Old Testament icons as Moses and David.
What can you say to encourage someone in jail?
01“Dear Maggie, I am writing to say that I can’t wait for you to get out of jail. There is so much waiting for you outside – great food, wonderful parties, your family. I can’t wait to share all of these things with you. I don’t want you to fret too much about the past.
How do you communicate with someone in jail?
You can contact a prisoner in several different ways, ranging from personal visits to writing a letter.
- Go to the jail website. Visiting the jail or prison website can provide you with helpful information and resources for contacting an inmate. …
- Find the inmate’s booking number. …
- Communicating with an inmate.
What to say to encourage an inmate?
Reference our list of inspirational quotes for inmates, any time you or your loved one needs to be uplifted:
- “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” …
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” …
- “You can’t use up creativity. …
- “In the middle of a difficulty lies opportunity.”
How do you say pray for fast recovery?
Get Well Religious Wishes
- May God send you angels to watch over you as you recover. …
- I hope that you feel better with each passing day. …
- As I close my eyes and pray each night, I pray that God heals you.
- God hears our prayers, and mine is that you are feeling better soon.
What are some powerful prayers?
The 15 Most Powerful Prayers
- The Lord’s Prayer. Our Father who art in heaven, …
- Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. …
- The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. …
- O gracious and holy Father, …
- Morning Prayer. …
- Christ with me, Christ before me, …
- The Serenity Prayer. …
- Bless all who worship thee,