What is the best name in the Bible?
Along with Elizabeth and Jacob, other biblical baby names in the US Top 50 include James, Benjamin, Abigail, Samuel, Elijah, Hannah, Caleb, and Leah. Soft biblical names for boys are back in fashion — Ezra, Asher, Eli, and Jonah are among today’s favorites.
What is the best female name in the Bible?
Other Bible names for girls that have ranked highly over time include Deborah, Hannah, Judith, and Ruth. The Bible is also the unlikely source for some of the trendiest girls’ names today, including Delilah – the top girl name starting with D – as well as Ada, Phoebe, Lydia, Naomi, and the many variations of Eve.
What name in the Bible means beautiful?
Adah: There were two wives in the Bible with this lovely girls’ name which means “beautiful.” Apphia: This biblical girls’ name appears in the New Testament—it’s the Greek version of an ancient Hebrew moniker.
What is a biblical name for a girl?
100 Biblical Girl Names and Meanings
- Abigail. Abigail stems from the Hebrew name, Avigail, which means joy of the father. …
- Abilene. This Hebrew name means land of the meadows. …
- Adah. Adah is a Hebrew name that means adornment. …
- Addi. Like Ada, Addi in German means noble. …
- Adina. …
- Ahira. …
- Ahlai. …
Who is like God name?
Origin: The name Michael is of Hebrew origin and means “who is like God?” or “gift from God.” It is found in the Old Testament, notably in the Book of Daniel.
What is the best girl name?
Top Baby Girl Names
What name means love?
Baby girl names meaning “love”
- Adore. Adore means “to love” or “to worship” or “loved child,” depending on which language you are drawing from. …
- Ahava. Ahava is a lovely and uncommon Biblical name meaning “love” that is derived from Hebrew. …
- Amia. …
- Cara. …
- Carys. …
- Esme. …
- Femi. …
What name means daughter of God?
Baby Girl Name: Bithiah. Meaning: Daughter of God. Origin: Hebrew.
What’s the rarest girl name?
10 Rarest Girl Names in the United States
What name means Light of God?
Uriela: Parents who are not much into typical, feminine names can pick Uriela, a Hebrew name, meaning ‘light of God’. Uriela has qualities that make it timeless and contemporary at the same time.