What were the 7 miracles Jesus performed?
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
- Healing the man blind from birth in John 9:1-7.
What are the 10 miracles Jesus performed?
- Healing the mother of Peter’s wife.
- Healing the deaf mute of Decapolis.
- Healing the blind at birth.
- Healing the Paralytic at Bethesda.
- The Blind Man of Bethsaida.
- The Blind man Bartimaeus in Jericho.
- Healing the Centurion’s servant.
- Christ healing an infirm woman.
What are the 4 types of miracles Jesus performed?
Terms in this set (4)
- healing miracles. Jesus healed people who were sick or disabled.
- exorcism. the act of freeing someone of demons.
- Restoration of Life. there are three occasion in the gospel eyes Jesus raises people from the dead.
- nature miracle. A miracle in which Jesus shows his power over nature.
What was Jesus’s first miracle?
The first recorded miracle in the New Testament is told in John 2:1-11 when Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding. Because this was Jesus’ first public miracle, it is often considered one of the most memorable miracles to many Christians today.
What are examples of miracles?
Examples include prophets, such as Elijah who performed miracles like the raising of a widow’s dead son (1 Kings 17:17–24) and Elisha whose miracles include multiplying the poor widow’s jar of oil (2 Kings 4:1–7) and restoring to life the son of the woman of Shunem (2 Kings 4:18–37).
What was Jesus’s second miracle?
The second documented miracle of Jesus was recorded in John 4:46-54 and tells the story of Jesus healing a royal nobleman’s son. “Once more Jesus visited Cana in Galilee, where He had turned the water into wine. And there was a royal official whose son lay sick at Capernaum.”
What was the last miracle Jesus performed?
Jesus reprimanded the violence, immediately dropped to his knees and miraculously healed the servant’s ear. In verses 51-53, we are told, “But Jesus answered, ‘No more of this! ‘ And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.” This healing was the last miracle that Jesus performed before his crucifixion.
How many miracles did Luke have?
According to the Lukan account, Jesus performs sixteen miracles of healing. Three more people are delivered from demonic .
How did Jesus perform miracles in our life?
First, Jesus performed miracles to show compassion and meet human need. For example, in Mark 1, Jesus encounters a man with leprosy. … It is because the Bible teaches that Jesus is God in the flesh. Jesus provides us with a portrait of God.
What are two elements of miracles?
Although specific definitions of a religious miracle differ greatly, the vast majority include at least the following two basic assumptions: that a miracle is an event that (1) is unusual in the sense that we would not have expected it to occur in the manner in which it did given our current understanding of how events …
What was Jesus real name?
Jesus’ name in Hebrew was “Yeshua” which translates to English as Joshua.
How old was Jesus when he did his first miracle?
Luke 3:23 states that Jesus was “about 30 years of age” at the start of his ministry.
What did Jesus do at the age of 12?
Jesus at the age of twelve accompanies Mary and Joseph, and a large group of their relatives and friends to Jerusalem on pilgrimage, “according to the custom” – that is, Passover. … The losing of Jesus is the third of the Seven Sorrows of Mary, and the Finding in the Temple is the fifth Joyful Mystery of the Rosary.